2019 Windsor & Essex County Living Wage Application
WEC Living Wage Information
To be considered a Windsor & Essex County Certified Living Wage Employer, employees (full-time and part-time) working within Windsor and Essex County must be paid the current living wage rate.
- The current local living wage rate for full-time and part-time employees not receiving extended health benefits (e.g., dental, prescription drugs, prescription eye wear) is $15.15
- The current local living wage rate for full-time and part-time employees who receive extended health benefits is $14.00
Please Note: Students under the age of 18, employees who regularly receive tips, and third party contracted staff are exempt from the Living Wage Program.
The following application form will need to be completed by an individual in your organization that has signing authority.
In order to complete the application process you will need:
- Information about the number of part-time and full-time employees at your organization
- Information about health care benefits (or lack of health care benefits) provided to part-time and full-time employees at your organization
- Information about the lowest wage provided to your part-time and full-time employees at your organization
Your application will be reviewed within 10 days. Your organization will be contacted once the application has been reviewed. Once certified, employers will receive an enrolment package that includes living wage window decals, certificates, electronic signatures for emails, and sample social media messages for promotional purposes. Your organization will also receive formal recognition at the Gord Smith Healthy Workplace and Bike Friendly Awards banquet in October.
Applications are private and confidential. Information collected will only be shared with program team members for planning, management, and evaluation purposes. Reporting of community averages will be included on our website, we will not include data about specific organizations. Please direct any questions about the application process to (519) 258-2146 ext. 3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you are able to save your application prior to completion by selecting 'Resume later' at the top of each page.
The following link will take you to a PDF version of the survey that you can review prior to submitting your responses.